Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Grand Canyon 7/12/2013

This was the Grand Daddy of them all -- The Grand Canyon! Just off the beaten path of Route 66, this was a must-see attraction. The Grand Canyon is 277-miles long, 18-miles wide, and a mile deep, and it is absolutely gorgeous! No matter what lookout point you go to, the views are always spectacular. And when the sun sets, the beams of sunlight hit different parts of the canyon walls, leaving them with a brilliant glow. My parents took me there when I was in elementary school, and it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. Now, going back as an adult, the feeling was the same. I savored every moment I was there because it's not often you get to see Mother Nature's grand beauty up close and personal. And remember, Smokey Bear says: "Only you can prevent forest fires."

No comments:

Post a Comment