Tuesday, July 16, 2013

More Friends in Seligman

I have been amazed at the friendliness of everyone I've met on my Route 66 journey so far! And the reunions kept on coming in Seligman, Arizona when I also ran into my old friends Holger, Martina, and Tabea Bleckert from Germany -- they are a terrific family, and it has been so much fun sharing my Route 66 journey with them. And while I was talking to the locals about my Route 66 Fund For Teachers Fellowship, a former teacher overheard my conversation and started talking to me about my teaching grant. Angela Vaesa used to be a 3rd grade teacher in Jacksonville, Florida, but about 9 months ago, she decided to follow her passion to drive around the country and got her commercial drivers license to become a semi truck driver. She tries to make stops along Route 66 when she can, and she says she loves the friendliness of all the people along Route 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment