Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lincoln's Tomb 7/3/2013

When you walk into Abraham Lincoln's Tomb at Oak Ridge Cemetery in Springfield, Illinois, it's as if you're touring one of the grandeur monuments in Washington, DC -- it is absolutely beautiful! Lincoln is buried at the back of the tomb along with his wife and 3 of his 4 children. The guard allowed me to bring my dog, Mu Shu, inside the tomb with me probably because it was a hot day...I think that might have made her the first dog to see Lincoln's tomb because the sign at the front of the park said "no dogs allowed" - whoops! There is also a bronze bust of Old Abe in front of the towering monument, and the tradition is for everyone to touch his nose because it apparently brings good luck. So I touched it twice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment